Working this week on the well-manicured two acres I realized
that I could be saving seeds from some of the hundreds of flowers I clip every
week. So I set out to save seeds with ordinary envelopes and a pen… and my
clippers.
I could get fancy with printing out seed labels and packets
to hold all the seeds, but that will have to wait until a less crazy week to do
it the right way and not have it rushed.
Seeds I saved this week: Daisies, Blanket flower, Jethro
Tull or Tickseed, a red Columbine, and one I don’t know (if anyone can help me
out with the name I would love it!), so I described it as purple flower with
long string/ hair like leaves grows 2 feet tall.
 |
| Jethro Tull or Tickseed |
Here we go. Saving seeds is easy and much cheaper than
buying them.
 |
| Almost Ready |
 |
| Ready |
 |
| Daisy |
1. Find flowers/ plants you like
2. Ask permission before clipping if they are not yours
3. Wait for the perfect moment
4. Clip
5. Dry
6. Label and store
 |
| Almost ready |
 |
| Ready |
 |
| Columbine |
 |
| Ready |
 |
| Almost ready |
 |
| Blanket Flower |
 |
| Almost Ready |
 |
| Ready |
 |
| Mystery Flower |
 |
| Almost Ready |
 |
| Ready |
No comments:
Post a Comment