Today is a day of celebration. July 7th marks the day that
chocolate was introduced in 1550, according to historyorb.com. It is also the
day in 1928 that sliced bread was sold for the first time. 1967 the Beatles released
“Respect”, and Doors “Light My Fire” hits #1. Also, in 2012 I performed a
wedding ceremony for the first time, joining together my ex-husband, the father
of my first 2 children and his bright and inspiring fiancé.
It has been a long road to get to this point. For all of us,
my husband, children, ex-husband and all involved in our lives. We all know
that blended families can be difficult, at a distance and right in the middle
of it all. You struggle with the idea that life will never be that perfect
picture you set out with in the very beginning. None of us wanted to let go of
that picture, tattered and torn almost to shreds we held on. Six years of ups
and downs we are finally at the perfect picture. A perfect blended picture.
Meeting ones soon to be in laws is a big step, I could not
imagine the feeling of meeting ones ex-wife for the first time. Especially,
being the ex-wife who was gardening in Mrs.’ soon to be back yard (yes, I
garden a ¼ of an acre or so of great veggies in my ex-husbands backyard… I am
sure I will post about it many times, referring to it as the “Farm”). This
meeting was brief, but profound enough for them to ask me to perform their
wedding ceremony for them.
The incorporation of Mrs. in our lives has been a great joy
to our family. We get together for game nights, birthday parties, update each other
frequently on the children and over all enjoy the variety of personalities in
our family. With seven kids between the two families it is a gift we give our
children and ourselves to have respect, and appreciation for each other… for
our sanity if nothing else and to hold on to a picture that we know can work.
I wish them a happy 1 year wedding anniversary, and many more years to come.
This gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes! You were meant to blog!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete