Makeover Your Medicine Cabinet
Easier said than done right?! I have been working on this
makeover for a couple of months. I tend to stay away from most over the counter
drugs and none in my family has prescriptions. Our medicine cabinet consists of
Tylenol (children’s and adults), Advil (children’s and adults), half boxes and
bottles of allergy and cold medicines of a variety as some didn’t have the
effect they claimed to, and expired gas/stomach relief caplets. Does your
cabinet look similar? Well, I use Tylenol as a very last resort. I go through
my check list 1. Do I need water? 2. Am I hungry? 3. Am I tired? The kids don’t
get anything unless they are truly sick with a fever. Their headaches can be
fixed just like I go through my check list for me… most of the time they just
need water. Their simple bellyaches call for a second thought about going
potty, and then a hot water bottle. My husband uses the allergy medicine more
than I do. I have about a month and a half of bad allergies in late December
early January; he continues to have allergies off and on throughout the year.
So, my first step of cleaning out my medicine cabinet was to
start with the kids. My 3 and 1 year olds had fevers a month and a half ago,
and I used peppermint with coconut oil as carrier oil. I used 1 drop essential
oil in a tablespoon of coconut oil and rubbed it on their backs and the back of
their necks. It worked instantly! No more fevered baby, at least for about 4
hours then I reapplied.
Second step. My husband took his new OTC allergy medicine
for the 4th or 5th day in a row. By then his body had, I guess
become use to it and his eyes started watering and itching two hours into the
day. I handed him my little doTerra key chain of oils and told him to pull out
lavender, lemon and peppermint. We had nothing for him to mix it with so he
simply dabbed a drop of each on his finger and applied it under his tongue.
Next time he mixed it with an ounce of water.
Three, continue changing up to essential oils.
Why I want to make the switch to pure essential oils instead
of chemicals that simulate the natural stuff that comes from the earth...
Check out this article. http://worldtruth.tv/studies-prove-that-these-drugs-make-your-brain-stop-working/
Every year there are lists of new and wonderful cures for
symptoms, only to have some report that comes out later that says they cause
more issues then what they help! Why do this to ourselves and our children?!
Take a look at this video; it is much more positive then the
article above. http://www.mydoterra.com/adelyser/companyVideo.html
No comments:
Post a Comment